Go to ET GeoWizards 12.x User Guide
Map To Google Earth
Exports all visible feature layers to Google
Earth KML or KMZ file.
- All visible layers in ArcMap
- Map name
- Map description
- Output Google Earth file
- Export option:
- All - all features of the feature
classes of the visible layers will be exported.
- Definition - the Query Definitions will
be honored - the features excluded by the query definitions will not be
- Selected - only selected features will
- Visible - only features that intersect
the current visible extent will be exported
- Coordinate Precision - number of digits
after the decimal point for exported coordinates.
- Export parameters. For each layer the user
can assign different parameters. See Google Earth general for descriptions of the parameters
- For each layer the classification used in
ArcMap will be exported with the symbology assigned.
- Only single field unique value
classification can be exported
- For graduated classifications the use of
Normalization field is supported.
- For point layers only the size and the
color of the ArcGIS markers will be used. Google Icons need to be
selected for each layer.
- Google icons need to be selected for Labels for polyline and polygon
- The Name field values will be used for the name of the feature and for
- Transparency for each layer can be defined
in the Transp field. Value of 0 means opaque and 100 means totally
- To the Map description the software will add
"Exported with ET GeoWizards". Do not remove ET GeoWizards if you want to
import the KML back to ArcGIS. This is used to identify that the KML
structure is created by ET GeoWizards and more effective algorithm is used
for import of the KML file.
- See Google Earth general for important additional information.
|Copyright © Ianko Tchoukanski