ET GeoWizards 12.1 released on 20 January 2018
ET GeoWizards is a set of powerful functions that will help the GIS professionals to manipulate data with easy. It offers more than 100 functions for spatial data conversion, analysis, topological cleaning, sampling and many more. ET GeoWizards was initially developed as an extension for ArcGIS and for the last 15 years it has become the most popular third party ArcGIS extension for data processing.
As from version 12.0 ET GeoWizards is available as a stand-alone application and can be used by all GIS professionals no matter what is the GIS platform they are using.
The functionality of ET GeoWizards is available in several ways:
ET GeoWizards 12 is a native 64-bit application
- This allows handling very large datasets at impressive speed.
- The functionality however can be executed from any 32-bit application (example - ArcMap).
ET GeoWizards 11.5
Released at the same time as ET GeoWizards 12.1 version 11.5 is a legacy version which is:
- A 32-bit extension for ArcGIS Desktop
- Fully supported
- Can be used on the same computer where ET GeoWizards 12.1 is installed
- Uses the same license key as ET GeoWizards 12.1
ET GeoWizards is not a free program
It however has many free functions that can be used without purchasing a license and registering the software. Until registered ET GeoWizards runs in DEMO mode.
- The Demo mode has the following limitations
- Many of the features are free - do not have any restrictions with the DEMO version. See Free Functions for a list
- The rest of the functions have restriction of 100 features in the layer to be processed.
- Note that the Demo Mode is available only when the functions are executed from the ET GeoWizards interface.
- See Registering for registration information
ET GeoWizards FunctionsSee ET GeoWizards 12 User Guide for a detailed description of each function.
Free functions of ET GeoWizards
ET GeoWizards is not a free program. It has however many functions that are free - can be used with the unregistered version with no limitations.
Note that the free functions are available only when executed from the User Interface. They are not available if the functionality is executed from Python, .NET or ArcToolbox
List of Free Functions
- Basic functions
- Create New feature class
- Create new File GDB
- Sort Shapes
- Move Shapes
- Rotate Shapes
- Scale shapes
- Explode multi-part features
- Closest Feature Distance
- Select and Export
- Project Layer
- Field Functions
- Order Fields
- Redefine Fields
- Copy Fields
- Delete Multiple Fields
- Conversion functions
- Polygon To Polyline
- Polygon To Point
- Polyline To Point
- Polyline To Polygon
- Polyline To Multipoint
- Point To Polyline
- Point To Polygon
- Point To Multipoint
- Point To Point Z (M)
- Multipoint To Point
- Multipoint To Polyline
- Shape Z (M) To Shape
- Shape To Shape Z
- Overlay functions
- Clip layer
- Erase layer
- Merge Layers
- Sampling Functions
- Create Point Grid
- Vector Grid
- Spatial Relations Functions
- Convex Hull
- Polyline functions
- Generalize polyline layer
- Densify polyline layer
- Get PolylineZ characteristics
- Flip Polylines
- Point functions
- Point Distance
- Station Points
What's new in ET GeoWizards
ET GeoWizards 12.1 released on 20 January 2018
ET GeoWizards 11.5 for ArcGIS Desktop released on 20 January 2018
- 32-bit legacy version
- For ArcGIS Desktop users only
- A single version for ArcGIS 10.1 and above (The previous versions of ET GeoWizards had different sub-versions for each ArcGIS version).
- Minor bugs fixes and interface improvements.
- Works on the same machine as ET GeoWizards 12.1 and with the same license key.
- ET GeoWizards 12.0 - released 22 April 2017
ET GeoWizards 12 is a brand new application. The previous versions were based on ArcObjects (the development environment of ArcGIS Desktop) and could be used only from within ArcGIS. ET GeoWizards 12 is an independent application which:
ET GeoWizards 12 is a native 64-bit application. It is compatible with Windows 7 and above - 64-bit. The functionality however can be called from within 32-bit application (for example ArcGIS Desktop) The functionality of ET GeoWizards 12 can be used in several ways:
All functions available in the previous versions of ET GeoWizards are available in version 12 and produce exactly the same results. Some minor exceptions:
Some functions that did not exist in the previous versions because were standardly available in ArcGIS are included in the new version:
- ET GeoWizards 11.4 - released 22 April 2017
- 32-bit legacy version
- For ArcGIS users only
- ET GeoWizards 11.3 - released 01 March 2016
- ET GeoWizards 11.2 - released 14 December 2014
- ET GeoWizards 11.1 - released 27 July 2014
- ET GeoWizards 11.0 - released 31 August 2013
- ET GeoWizards 10.2 - released 12 June 2012
- ET GeoWizards 10.1 - released 12 November 2011
- ET GeoWizards 10.0 - released 3 July 2010
- ET GeoWizards 9.9 - released 31 May 2009
- ET GeoWizards 9.8 - released 30 June 2008
- ET GeoWizards 9.7 - released 18 November 2007
- ET GeoWizards 9.6.1 - released 31 May 2007
- ET GeoWizards 9.6 - released 26 November 2006
- ET GeoWizards 9.5.1 - released 9 July 2006
- ET GeoWizards 9.5 - released 7 May 2006
- ET GeoWizards 9.4.1 - released 16 October 2005
- ET GeoWizards 9.4 - released 01 October 2005
- ET GeoWizards 9.3.1 - released 12 June 2005
- ET GeoWizards 9.3 - released 15 April 2005
- ET GeoWizards 9.2 - released 06 January 2005
- ET GeoWizards 9.1.1 - released 31 October 2004
- ET GeoWizards 9.1 - released 16 August 2004
- ET GeoWizards 9.0 - released 14 June 2004
- ET GeoWizards 8.7 - released 07 March 2004
- ET GeoWizards 8.6 - released 27 April 2003
- ET GeoWizards 8.5 - released 10 February 2003
- ET GeoWizards 8.4 - released 03 November 2002
- ET GeoWizards 8.3 - released 02 September 2002
- ET GeoWizards 8.2 - released 04 June 2002
- ET GeoWizards 8.1.1 - released 04 March 2002
- ET GeoWizards 8.1 - released 19 January 2002
Purchase and Register
Comparison between free and registered software
|Limited to 100 features in the input (number of functions)||89||0|
|Unlimited features in the input (number of functions)||41||137|
|Using in Python|
|Using in .NET|
|Using in ArcGIS Desktop Toolbox and Model Builder|
|Using in ArcGIS Pro Toolbox and Model Builder|
|Using in ArcPy|
|Number licenses per order||Price per license|
|1 - 2||USD 265.00|
|3 - 4||USD 255.00|
|5 and above||USD 245.00|
|Minimum 10 licenses|
|USD 265.00 per license|
|Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for corporate license information.|
Upgrade / Maintenance
|See our Upgrade Policy|
|USD 65.00 per license|
How to register
After purchasing a license you will receive a reference number for your order.
A. Fixed License:
- Click Request License Key button (ET GeoWizards Main Dialog ==> Request License Key). Fill the small form - all the fields are required.
- User Name
- Reference number (see above)
- GIS Platform
When the form is complete there are two options to chose from:
- Create Key Request File will write all the information to a file (*.etr). Send this file to email@example.com and in 24 hours you will receive the Key File that will unlock the full version
- Send Key Request via e-mail. This option will open you default e-mail program with all necessary information. You just have to click the SEND button
- When you receive the Key File , save the attachment (*.etw file)
to your hard disk. Click on Register button (ET GeoWizards Main Dialog ==> Register). In the form
click on Load Key File button. Select the received file. The ET GeoWizards dialog will
close. When opened next time the program will be registered.
If you get a message that the program is registered, but you still have no access to the full functionality. Log on to the PC as an Administrator.
- For ET GeoWizards 12 - Run the program as administrator (Right click on the icon ==> Run as administrator). If you don't have the Run as Administrator option - hold the SHIFT key down while right click on the icon.
- For ET GeoWizards 11.x - Run ArcGIS as an administrator(Right click on the icon ==> Run as administrator).
- Load the license key again.
B. Concurrent Licenses:
- Install ET License Manager on the license server computer
- Create a Key Request file, using ET License Manager Console. You provide the name of your company, a name of a contact person, valid e-mail address, and the reference number you have received upon your order.
- Send the Key Request file to firstname.lastname@example.org
- You will receive a license key for the number of licenses of ET GeoWizards you have ordered shortly
- Load the License Key file using ET License Manager Console.
How do you get support:
Contact : email@example.com
- Do not change anything in the request file or the body of the generated message. It will cause the registration process to fail.
- Do not change anything in the Key File. It will cause the registration process to fail.